Well, I’ve certainly been a lazy blogger. I got back late this week from my last business trip until the spring- hallelujah! I never realized how much business travel can take out of you, but with all of the catch up I have to play when I get back, well, it’s just a lot.
Anyway, we did get a few things done around the house lately. We decided to get rid of the guest bed and make the second bedroom a true office/craft room. We rarely have guests, so we figure we can invest in a nice Aerobed for the few nights that someone actually stays. This meant that we moved Matthew’s leather chair into the office and “had” to buy a new chair for the living room. This is what we picked out (well, what I fell in love with and Matthew humored me on):
I adore it! It’s a black and off-white damask and matches our current furniture very well.
I also did this little project last Saturday while Matthew was at work:
Ignore the floor, we haven’t gotten around to refinishing it in this room yet. Matthew and I agreed that I needed a dedicated craft area and since he doesn’t have a whole lot of time to do a lot around the house, I decided to get the drill and level out and put the shelves up myself. I know it’s not a major project, but it’s definitely outside of my normal parameters for house work. I figured, hey, if I were single, I’d have to do it on my own, so I might as well do it regardless of my marital status. The cork boards are from Target and are self stick- easy, peasy. I used a small dowel rod to hold my spools of ribbon. All of the colored buckets are from the Dollar Store. The red raw silk tablecloth was on clearance at Target after Christmas last year and covers our ugly filing cabinet. In total, this project cost me less than $50 and the majority of that went to the shelves. I adore this too!